Friday, December 8, 2006

Cold outside

Wow it's cold! As many of you may know I drive a school bus for Piggott Schools and this morning was one of the coldest mornings ever. I am really a fair weather kind of person. Cold weather is great for keeping you inside by the fire. One of the things I love to do is just sit around a fire and be with family and friends. Driving a school bus is something I never set out to do but for the last 9 years I have been driving a bus. I have the privilege of driving the special needs bus. Every day I am reminded by some of the kids on my bus just how blessed that I am. Last night I was watching some sports awards being given out for the top football players of 2006. (congratulations to Darren Mcfadden of the Arkansas Razorbacks for being voted the top running back in college football, God Hogs!) One of the highlights of the evening for everyone was when they gave out an inspirational award to a band member from the university of Louisville. The story was so inspiring. This young man was born with no eyes and he didn't have the ability to walk. Sounds like a terrible future for the child doesn't it. Well it wasn't the child was blessed with a musical talent and he began to play the piano at the age of 2. (I saw the video) His parents encouraged this young man to be a winner despite his handicap. Long story short this young man now plays in the University of Louisville marching band as a trumpet player. His dad pushes him in a wheel chair as he plays in front of thousands of people each game. It's an awesome story look for it on the Internet it will inspire you to keep trying !

Living life to the fullest,

Kevin

No comments: