Monday, September 17, 2007

Road Trip.

Hey everyone, I am in Orlando, Florida with my good friend Troy. We have had a very interesting day. I arrived Sunday night in Ft. Lauderdale and our journey began. We spent the night down on the beach at a motel. It was really a nice plTTace, almost 20 years ago 2 of my friends and myself went to the same beach. I'm sure the people didn't recognize me because I have gained a little weight. The trip has been a lot of fun from the airplane ride to the 9 hour car ride today. One fun thing was that the lady I sat beside on the plane was married to a man who played football for the real coach of the Titans (Remember the Titans) She said the movie was pretty close to the real thing.

The reason we had to drive so long today was the fact that they shut down the main road because of a gunman on the loose. The detour took us another 5 hours due to the fact that we went about 4 miles in 4 hours. I don't guess we are in any hurry so no big deal. It is nice to be with an old friend but I wouldn't trade lives with him at all. They celebrated having over 8000 people at church over the weekend today. Big weekend.

Troy is an awesome leader and I am trying to just watch how he leads the church and try and learn what I can do to be a better leader and Pastor. You can follow me on the journey by going to www.mynakedpastor.com it is a lot of fun. I miss all of you especially everyone in the Murray house and yard. I just want everyone of you to know how much I love you and enjoy being the pastor of Emmanuel. See ya tomorrow.

No comments: