Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Awana was Awesome

We just finished up our Awana program and my heart is so full. I don't want to lie to you there are days when I think why did I want to do this. Tonight the question was answered for me, to see the smile on the faces of kids who don't have much to smile about. God used Emmanuel tonight to make a difference in 80 children. I am so proud of all of our Adults who put in the time that it takes to be a good leader. You folks will never know how much what you are doing really means. Yes you could stay home and sit on the couch and do nothing but you are choosing to make a difference a kids life. Sometimes we wonder if it's sinking in I know. Tonight I saw a little girl come full circle. Last week I had to chase this little girl down and talk to her about her terrible behavior. I tried to show her love in the midst of discipline. Tonight when this girl walked in to church I hugged her and told her I was so glad to see her. That hug seemed to be just what she was looking for, she was so good that by the end of the night she was rewarded with a "nerd rope" can't be any better than that. God was really at work tonight and I am so glad to be around to see it. Do you want to see God at work? Come to Awana!

Attitude made all the difference tonight, from the leaders to the students. It happens every time, you give me a person with a good attitude and I'll show you where something good is about to happen. Bring a good attitude to church with you this Sunday and just see what happens.

Live to the fullest!

Kevin

No comments: