Friday, February 15, 2008

What's your passion?

I have so many things that I love to do. They range from horses to golf clubs. In my short 40 years of life I have been passionate about several things. When I was fresh out of school one of my passions was playing softball. I loved every minute of being apart of a team and doing my part to help win. It wasn't at all like work yet I spent several hours a week doing it. When I wasn't playing I was looking forward to when I would. I know you probably have had things in your life that were very similar. It was or is a passion for something that drives you to give your best. If you are not passionate about something you probably will not give your best. Passion is a powerful emotion. What about Compassion?



Jesus said several times in the New Testament that He had compassion for people. I know that doesn't surprise you but listen to this, every time He mentioned compassion it was followed by an action. Not just any old action it was usually a miracle! When God opened my eyes to this I finally understood that for me to be motivated to give God my best I must first understand that I need to be burdened for the lost world around me. Compassion for those around me will drive me to give my best. Mediocricy will not due for those who have a Passion for the hurting. I am praying that God will not let me loose sight of those in need.

I must say that some of the funnest times in life have been on a softball field, but the Greatest times in my life have been when I have worked hard and given my best so that someone else has been blessed. Just something to think about





1 comment:

by Troy Gramling said...

I have so many great memories of the softball field...Praying for you guys this weekend...