Thursday, November 8, 2007

What I've learned while away

I know it's been awhile since you last heard from me but I have really been trying to read and seek the Lord for direction in my life and the life of the church. I must say that this is an exciting time for me because I have a hunger to excel in the work that God has for me. I don't know about you but medocricy is such a downer, you don't even realize it and before long a year has gone by and you have done nothing and you don't even really care. The thing about being mediocre is that you are always better than someone else and you just don't hang around or listen to those who are doing better than you. You are just satisfied to exist. ENOUGH!!! I praise the Lord for those who are visionaries, those people like Jerry Falwell, Franklin Graham, Rick Warren, Joel Olsteen, Troy Gramling and my list could go on and on. What I appreciate is the fact that these men would not settle for mediocrity in the ministry. They have and are striving for excellence for the cause of Christ.

I am finding myself daily wanting more and more to be apart of something far more than just a good church. What I really desire is to be apart of a God size vision and work. Thanks to my dear friend Troy I am learning that I can't expect to be a part of this Great work tomorrow if I don't first execute and put out the effort for it to happen today. To summarize, I can no longer just show up on Sunday and expect results without preparing and executing all week. It still takes dedication to achieve excellence. It is dedication to our Lord and execution of daily chores that will move the hand of God to bless His church.

Piggott Arkansas needs a church that will attempt Great things, and show a lost world that their is a God who can still do the impossible. I pray that whoever reads this blog will pass it on to others and you will beging praying about joining the team of workers who will work together today so we can see the miracles of God tomorrow!

I love you Emmanuel!! Let's dream again, Let's fish again, Let's trade good for Great.

No comments: