Thursday, March 13, 2008

Best looks better than good!

We had this room in the church that had become a catch all if you know what I mean. It didn't start out that way, it used to be very organized and neat. Very useful, until things started piling up in it. What was amazing about the room was that when I began to clean it out I found things that had no reason at all for being in the room. You see the room was close to the door that lead in and out of the church so when someone forgot to put something up and didn't want to walk all the way to the place that it really went it was dropped off in this room. Did I mention things had piled up. The room had really lost it's real meaning and purpose it was useless. It took more time to find what you needed than it did to use what you found. Time was wasted.

This week I gave my BEST and cleaned that dude up! I not only cleaned that up I went to my truck and cleaned it out, my desk was next, then the upstairs and I'm looking for something else now. Why? Because I learned something after I cleaned out that room. That room could not reach it's full potential until it was cleaned up and organized. I left out the most important thing I'm still working on to clean up and organize.......ME! What about you, have you let things pile up in your life. Was it easier to just sit things down than it was to deal with them. You want to know my secret to cleaning that room? I started by taking EVERYTHING out and then I started 1 piece at a time putting it all (most of it) back where it belonged. Try that in your life and see how refreshed you will feel.

No comments: