Friday, March 28, 2008

Blessed

Do you ever just sit back and think about how blessed you are? I have been doing that a lot more here lately. One of the things missing in our world is gratitude. I want to teach my boys to be grateful for the things that they enjoy. Kids learn by example, that puts the responsibility on me. I know that I have it so much better than my parents did and our children have it even better than I did (I don't hesitate to tell them either, my parents did the same ) There is nothing wrong with being blessed, there is something bad wrong with being blessed and not thankful.

I just want to encourage all of my readers (both of you) to be thankful for all the blessings in your life. Yes we all have hard ache and trials, I do too. They do not compare to the things that God has given me. My salvation, my life, my family, my home, my church, my friends, and the list is very long. The scripture tells us to give thanks and that's what I'm doing, and I'm not even eating Turkey and dressing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is the truth!
We need to realize just how blessed we are.
Here a few weeks ago I got so low in spirit I felt like giving up, then I thought wait a minute; this must stop. I put the past and present behind me and started looking for better days to come and now I am doing much better. I am glad I found your website. I didn't know that you had one untill I saw you at the library today (It was good to see ya) then I seen the website address on the side of your bus and I typed it in and checked it out. Your post touched my heart and showed me just how much we need to realize, we are blessed. We are blessed to just be alive and in good health.
God bless you always and forever,
-Mark James Cave Jr.
mcave_lonerangerministry@yahoo.com