Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The internet.

I want to encourage everyone today to use the resources that are available to you. I live in a very small town with less than 4ooo people. My friend Troy pastors a church of almost 8000, what's my point? Some people feel that just because they are in a small church or small town that they have to be satisfied with mediocrity. If I could just go to this conference or hear that speaker I would be a better leader. You know what you are right, God does use conferences and certain speakers to motivate us to Greatness. You want some good news, you don't have to have a lot of money in your travel budget to be challenged by these conferences and speakers. The Internet has become one of my best sources of encouragement and challenge. I must tell you that not only am I from a small town, I am a country boy (cowboy, yee Haw) that's right it has taken me a while to understand that right there at my fingertips was a gold mine of churches and men who feel called to minister to men like me. Here comes the hard part, you have to be disciplined enough to sit down and let others pour into your life and ministry. That's hard for me because today it's going to be about 60 degrees sun shining (that's great for us) perfect horse training weather. It's been a long winter and I am anxious to get back to riding, but I am more excited about growing as a pastor and leader today than any other time in my life. How did I get to this point? The Internet has introduced me to some churches and leaders that will not let me settle for mediocrity. Thank you Troy, Perry, Steven, Jason and the list grows daily. If you would like to know who I'm listening to leave me a comment.

This week we start our 3:16 Numbers of Hope series. Don't miss! I can't wait to see ya'll this Sunday.

No comments: