Thursday, March 6, 2008

Giving God your Best


Over the next few weeks I will be speaking about giving God your best. I have really been challenged lately by some other pastors that I respect very much to give my best to the Lord. It is so easy to get comfortable with your walk with the Lord or even your calling from God. Since committing to do my best for the my Lord. I find that things are changing for me. I wake up with a since of urgency to please God. That's a great feeling to know that you're desire for today is to please your heavenly Dad. What I am finding out is that is a love issue for me. The more I love someone the more I want to give them my best. God has had to think hear lately that I didn't love Him very much because I didn't give much of an effort.


Thank you Lord for not giving up on me or firing me. (I deserved both) As I sit here typing my mind is racing with thoughts of serving the Lord and how I can lead our church to give even our best. Mediocrity won't cut it anymore. I know that churches operate with volunteers but we shouldn't settle for mediocrity at any level. God deserves greatness and I am ready to do what I can to bring it about. If you have settled for less than your best, join with me and say enough is enough. Be something Great for the Lord. Be your BEST!

No comments: