Friday, December 7, 2007

WOW what a tree


Have you ever seen a 7 foot Christmas tree with 3000 colored lights on it? I can tell you this it is amazingly beautiful. If you were at church last Sunday I introduced you to a poor looking tree that was leaning and had no hope of blessing someone at Christmas. Guess what, someone gave that tree some special attention and loved it enough to spend some quality time restoring it's beauty. Now it is being used to brighten the lives of many people from miles around. You can't miss this Sunday because you have to see the transformation that has taken place.


I am sitting up in the balcony working and I am able to see the tree come to life. The person working on it is taking her time to make sure that every branch is taken care of and that the star on top is perfect. As I sit here and watch I am reminded of my own life and how that 27 years ago someone picked me out of the crowd and began to transform me. When others looked at me as a poor looking tree that didn't have a lot to offer Jesus saw my potential. On January 1, 1980 Jesus began to put His light in my heart. Over the past 27 years He has been blessing me and using me. As I look at this tree and see all the lights and how it is impossible to miss and be blessed by, I pray that my life will continue to glow even more the longer I live and serve the Lord.


You may not feel very useful this Christmas but I want all of you to know that Christ left out no one when He came. You are special and useful. Come this Sunday and hear about the Great Gift of being Included by God at Christmas. Only 2 more days, I can't wait.

No comments: