Monday, December 3, 2007

WOW starts off wtih a bang


Yesterday we kicked off a new series at Emmanuel called "Gifts that make you go WOW! I talked about the fact that God chose two ordinary people to do extraordinary things. It is a huge Gift from God for Him to choose to use us. I hope that each of you will grasp the reality that God wants to use you! How cool.


Speaking of being used let me tell you what 21 teenagers and 6 adults did yesterday. Immediately after church the youth set up a call station in the foyer of the church and made 1207 phone calls to people in Piggott. The reason for the call was to simply wish the community a Merry Christmas and ask what we could pray for them about. These kids made a huge difference in just a few short hours. I came in about 4 o'clock and wanted to take them all out for milkshakes and they wouldn't leave. I stood and watched as the well organized machine ran to perfection. They received 196 prayer request, prayed over the phone with almost 1oo individuals and got hung up on 96 times. Our teenagers ROCK!


Yesterday was just another indication of how important leadership is to a church. I want to thank Dave and Karen Green for giving great leadership to our students yesterday. If you want to know what I mean by the fact that being used by God is a gift just talk to Dave or Karen and ask them what if feels like to be used by God, better than that maybe you should ask one of the students who spent yesterday afternoon being used. (wow that was a long sentence)


I want to challenge those of you who are following along to find a way that God can use you and go to work. Start today and let me know how feels to be used by God.

No comments: