Monday, February 5, 2007

Things are O.K. I touched Land!

WOW, what a day! We arrived in Cabo San Lucas about 9:30 this morning. It was incredible to see the city as we pulled into the harbor. We had to ride small boats into shore, (the boat reminded us of the Mayonaise boys) Once on shore we took a bicycle taxi through town ($25) I asked if he would do it for less and Johnna said no, pay the young man. We then went to the flea market and the fleas were hopping. Hey boys mom got you a gift I told her no but she said YES! I have no control of her at this point please pray for me! After the market we shopped in some other stores and then caught a water taxi. It was a BOAT! (another mayonaise) He took us on a wonderful little tour of the beaches. We saw Mexican turkeys (pelicans) lots of fish (glass bottom boat) and last of all many sea lions. Next came Lovers Beach, Oh my goodness! It was AWESOME. What made it so great was I never had to leave the shade while Johnna tanned I slept very nice! (it was better than sand Island Wade) Well we stayed there for 2 hours and then headed back to the BIG BOAT! That's where we are now, we are fixing to get ready for another wonderful night on the boat.

Johnna here!

It has been a beautiful day here in Cabo. The water is SO blue and the temperature was 75 degrees! Perfect! Kevin & I were the typical tourists. Bags, cameras, and water bottle hanging everywhere! Kevin DID embarrass me trying to rip the poor little Mexicans off! They are all so cute and polite. Our taxi driver (Alfredo) called me MOM for taking care of him:) He has 2 little "bambinos" at home so now I am a grandmother:)

The beach was very relaxing....I was in the sun, Kev in the shade. Kind of like Jack Sprat & his wife:)

We met some younger kids today on the return to the ship. We each thought we were the youngest individuals on the ship!

Karen, Kevin & I talked to Charles yesterday and he is going to fix you up with all kinds of Billingsley merchandise(signed of course!) He still feels awful!

Lastly, to our boys, we think of you every day. We are really missing you. You would love this, the most fabulous food in the world! We'll have to do this together sometime!

Be watching, we are going to try to send some pictures in the future.

Thank you, Emmanuel Baptist for such a wonderful gift of stress free time with my husband! I am so grateful to have you as our church family. We take every opportunity to brag on you when people ask how we came to be on the cruise. God bless you all!

Love Johnna

2 comments:

Ridge said...

yall have got it made. have a good time!

Karen said...

Cabo San Lucas sounded wonderful and relaxing. Johnna, how neat was it to lay out on a beach in Mexico! I hope you both had a great day there. Way to go, taking care of me with Charles B!!!! We forgive him. HA. Is this way beyond what you ever expected? I hope you are both soaking up the sun and the SON. Bathe in his goodness. Celebrate his creation as you see things that many will never see. Isn't it beautiful!!
Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Mazatlan tomorrow. Takes lots of picture-(make sure to have someone take pics of you two together). We'll make a photo album when you get home.
I don't know if you will get the boys back. I think they are having as much fun as you are.
Miss you both-love ya.

Keith & Karen