Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Home for a little while.

That's right I'm in Piggott but only for a few hours. I had to come home and take care of a few things and then I'll be leaving again. I just got (1 am Tuesday morning) and thought that I would wind down by sharing with you how the day went. It was a beautiful day in Harrison. The sun was shinning all day. It felt really good to get out and take a walk and get some exercise. Walking in Harrison is a little different than Piggott because of all the hills. I was wondering if I was going to make it back to the house. While I was walking I met a fellow who had moved to Harrison from California. Phil was a super fellow I ended up helping him all afternoon haul off a large pine tree that he had cut down. I love meeting new people and I really love helping people. I felt really good about the day.

Our Revival service went good. We didn't have as many people on Monday but we are praying for the church to be full tonight. I am going to be playing my guitar and singing tonight so please pray that God would use my gifts to glorify Jesus and draw some one to be born again. I am praying for someone to be saved I have a young man in mind and I am going to get to spend some time talking to him on Thursday I hope.

Harrison is a good place for a Cowboy like me to do some shopping. They have a tractor supply store, 3 farm center stores and 2 western stores to choose from. Today I was on the lookout for some new boots and after a few hours of shopping and bargain hunting I finally found them. I had to go in the store 3 times before I bought them, but the 3rd time was charm. I saved ten dollars on them by shopping around. See there it does pay to not get in a hurry.

Well I am starting to get a little sleepy so I better go get a few hours sleep before I get up and drive the school bus. I'll be leaving for Harrison around lunch time so keep me in your prayers. By the way the little white truck is doing great, over 24 miles per gallon and didn't use any oil. It also came in handy hauling off that pine tree. What is it that you have that you are thankful for. Tell God.

1 comment:

by Troy Gramling said...

I'm not a cowboy but I'm in Austin,TX and if it's cowboy clothing you are looking for boy they really do have it here!! Need me to pick you up something...I'll be glad to get you a shirt but the deal is if I pick it out you have to wear it one weekend to teach....:-)