Monday, April 9, 2007

Let's have Easter every Sunday!

It was an incredible weekend at Emmanuel! Let me begin by saying Thank you to all the volunteers who helped make Easter Weekend so GREAT. You know who you are I can't name everybody but if it wasn't for you folks we would not have the church that we have. Everybody wants to belong to a Great church but it takes Great people to make a Great Church. I know what some of you are thinking, no it takes a Great God to make a Great Church, I agree with you but that Great God chooses to work through people and here at Emmanuel God is working through some people and making them GREAT! I love you and I am so happy to do ministry with you.

For those of you who don't know what happened over the weekend I'll just catch you up on the numbers. We had our annual Easter Celebration on Saturday at Heritage Park and it was windy and cold but the people still came. It is so hard to know how many people came but I'll just say we gave away hundreds of hot dogs, soda, and cotton candy. The kids seemed to have a wonderful time on all the rides and playing all the games. It was cold but Great. We gave away 12 big Easter baskets and 6 wal-mart gift cards worth $65. We had some happy boys and girls!

Easter Sunday morning was something to see. When we built this church I just knew that it would be full of people someday and on Easter Sunday it was full to capacity! We had over 550 people attend our morning worship service and it was something to see. It got better, we had 5 people join the church and one young man give his life to Christ. PRAISE THE LORD!

Sunday night we showed the movie "Facing The Giants" and we had close to 300 people attend the movie. It was so much fun, we had our own concession stand filled with popcorn, soda, nerd ropes and sweetarts. Brent and Misti Sanders concluded the night with a testimony of God's faithfulness. It was so much fun! Isn't it Great that I have used the word Great so much to describe church. I am so thankful to be a part of Emmanuel !

I know that Easter only comes once a week but I am already looking forward to next Sunday.
I hope that you and your family are just excited about Sunday as I am. It doesn't matter if you go to Emmanuel or Flamingo Road Sunday is coming and I can't wait!

No comments: