Friday, March 2, 2007

Great Atmospehere!


WOW! Last night I attended the Arkansas 5a state basketball tournament in Paragould, Ar. The tournament is being held at the Greene County Tech High School. The gym was packed to OVER capacity, it was crazy in there. The atmosphere was unlike anything I had seen in some time. (well since Marmaduke played Cross County in the 1985 semi- finals of the regional tournament in Marmaduke, we lost). Both the girls and boys teams from Tech played in the 2nd round of the state tournament. I got to the gym at 5:30 and the gym was already full as we waited thru a boys game until the lady eagles from Tech took the floor followed by the boys team. The energy level was high and it was contagious! Isn't that amazing that you can go to a place and really not have any interest in either team but just get caught up in the excitement of those around you. I had a Great time, it was so refreshing to have my blood pumping with adrenaline again. It did remind me of when I was in school and all the Great times we had except for the times that Troy and the CRA Falcons beat us! (we did beat you once Troy) The picture is from my Sr. year at Marmaduke. It took me a while to find it but when I did I was flooded with memories of years gone by. Last night just made them even more special. On my way home from the game I was talking to a friend and we talked about how we had been in similar situations on the basketball court and how we remembered having all of those wonderful feelings and just how great it was to hear the roar of the crowd and the smiles on every ones faces. I thought about all that on the way home and I realized that the last time that I felt the way I felt at the ball game wasn't all the way back in 1985 it was right here at Emmanuel Baptist Church just a little while ago. I wish I could say that it's every week that I come to church wouldn't that be Great. Well I really do believe that should be our goal is to create an atmoshpere in our churches that would cause other people who don't even know the Lord to want to just because of the energy and the excitement that everyone else has about their own relationship with Jesus. We serve a risen savior, A REAL WINNER if you would. Let's go to church this Sunday and worship Jesus like others worship basketball!
Yeah Jesus!

1 comment:

by Troy Gramling said...

What a good looking young man...I haven't been to a high school basketball game in a long time...but I did get to go see several Miami Heat playoff games last year when we WON the World Championship!...Don't think it's going to happen this year though?